CV Mette Mortensen
Associate Professor, PhD
Department of Media, Communication and Cognition
University of Copenhagen
- 2006 PhD Arts and Cultural Studies
- 1999 MA Comparative Literature
- 2008- Assistant Professor, Department of Media, Communication and Cognition, University of Copenhagen
- 2007 Post doc, Department of Media, Communication and Cognition, University of Copenhagen
- 2001-6 PhD Fellow at the Department of Arts and Cultural Studies (including maternity leave).
- War and media
- Digital activism
- Citizen journalism
- Media and politics
- Visual Culture
Mortensen, M. (2015). Journalism and Eyewitness Images: Digital Media, Participation, and Conflict. London; New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
Kristensen, N. N. & Mortensen, M. (2014). "Non-professional Visuals Framing the News Coverage of the Death of Muammar Gaddafi". In D. Resflund Christensen & K. Sandvik (eds) Mediating and Remediating Death. Ashgate.
Mortensen, M. (2014). "Eyewitness Images as a Genre of Crisis Reporting". In A. Stuart & E. Thorsen (eds) Citizen Journalism: Global Perspectives, vol. 2. Peter Lang.
Mortensen, M. (2012). “Metacoverage taking the place of coverage: WikiLeaks as a source for the production of news in the digital age”. Northern Lights Yearbook of Film and Media Studies, vol. 10, pp. 91-106.
Mortensen, M. (2011). "The Eyewitness in the Age of Digital Transformation". In M. Pantti & K. Andén-Papadopoulos (eds.) Amateur Images and Global News. London & Chicago: Intellect Ltd.